Louise (Gallagher) Sterritt is a Speech & Language Therapist. She was conferred with B.Sc. (Hons.) in Clinical Speech & Language Studies from Trinity College, Dublin, in 2005. Louise is a full member of the Irish Association of Speech & Language Therapists ("IASLT") and is registered with CORU.
Undergraduate clinical experience included both paediatric and adult populations. Since graduating, Louise has worked with both children and adults across a range of settings in Ireland.
Louise pursued further study on a part-time basis and was conferred with M.Sc. (Hons.) in Healthcare Ethics and Law from the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, Dublin, in 2008. Louise presented the findings of her postgraduate research to peers at the IASLT Biennial Conference in October 2009.
Research interests include the effect of prescription medications on swallowing, with an article published in Dysphagia, the international multi-disciplinary peer-reviewed journal, in 2009. Louise was approached by the American Speech-Language Hearing Association's Special Interest Division for Swallowing & Swallowing Disorders with a view to contributing to an issue of their Perspectives publication; her article was published in the December 2010 volume. Louise has also contributed to the national clinical care pathway document on best practice for clients with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease.
Louise is currently pursuing a Doctorate in Health on a part-time basis. She presented a poster on her proposed doctoral research (dynamic assessment with children who have language impairment) at the IASLT Biennial Conference in April 2013. Most recently, she delivered a 30 minute oral presentation to attendees at the IASLT Biennial Conference on the topic "Action Research: What it is and How to do it" in April 2015.
Links to Published Articles:
Specific Clinical Training / Certification:
- Clinical Supervisor Training - Student Speech & Language Therapists (Trinity College Dublin)
- Elklan® Total Training Package for 5-11s
- Greenspan Floortime / DIRFloortime
- Hanen Certification - It Takes Two To Talk®
- Introduction to Alternative & Augmentative Communication (Central Remedial Clinic)
- Lámh Training and Certification - Module 1
- Lidcombe Program of Early Stuttering Intervention
- PECS Certification (Picture Exchange Communication System®)
- Post-Laryngectomy Voice Rehabilitation (Dr. Eric Blom)
- Reading Adult Videofluoroscopies – Introductory Course (University College London)
- Speech Sound Disorders: The Basics and Beyond II (Dr. Caroline Bowen)